What can you say about a dog? Plenty – check out these awesome quotes for dog lovers that’ll make you smile.
It’s no surprise that most of the conversations at the Good Dog Hotel & Spa have something to do with dogs. Whether it’s furry friends playing at our dog daycare, or overnight guests at our Good Dog Hotel, we love and care for all our visitors. It’s difficult to express how much we enjoy working with dogs every day (and how it enhances our lives), so we thought we’d let others do it for us.
Here are some of our favorite quotes for dog lovers. Some are funny and others are philosophical, but we appreciate them all. We hope you enjoy them too.
1. Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail. – Kinky Friedman
2. My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet. – Edith Wharton
3. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. – Mark Twain
4. No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. – Christopher Morley
5. I love women, but I feel like you can’t trust some of them. Some of them are liars, you know? Like I was in the park and I met this girl, she was cute and she had a dog. And I went up to her, we started talking. She told me her dog’s name. Then I said, ‘Does he bite?’ She said, ‘No.’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah? Then how does he eat?’ Liar. – Demetri Martin
6. Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. – Groucho Marx
7. When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you. – Eckhart Tolle
8. Fall in love with a dog, and in many ways you enter a new orbit, a universe that features not just new colors but new rituals, new rules, a new way of experiencing attachment. – Caroline Knapp
9. Your best ideas, those eureka moments that turn the world upside down, seldom come when you’re juggling emails, rushing to meet the 5 p.m. deadline or straining to make your voice heard in a high-stress meeting. They come when you’re walking the dog, soaking in the bath or swinging in a hammock. – Carl Honore
10. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. – Ann Landers
11. When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem. – Edward Abbey
12. You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog. – Harry S Truman
13. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace. – Milan Kundera
14. My main characters are the most sunny, happy, optimistic, loving creatures on the face of the Earth. I couldn’t be happier that’s where I start. I can put as many flawed people in the dog’s world as I like, but the dog doesn’t care. Dog doesn’t judge. Dog doesn’t dislike. Dog loves. That’s not so bad. – W. Bruce Cameron
15. A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down. – Robert Benchley
16. If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. – Woodrow Wilson
17. I have never met a dog I couldn’t help; however, I have met humans who weren’t willing to change. – Cesar Millan
18. My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty. – Elayne Boosler
19. I read the Odyssey because it was the story of a man who returned home after being absent for more than twenty years and was recognized only by his dog. – Guillermo Cabrera Infante
20. You cannot share your life with a dog, as I had done in Bournemouth, or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings. – Jane Goodall
21. The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. – Samuel Butler